Kinds of hosting services
A hosting solution concerns keeping and/or sharing particular content on a web server handled by a website hosting vendor. There are various sorts of hosting services used for various ends, so let's take a look at them. In that way, you can pick what you need, on the basis of whether you'd like to have a web portal, e-mails, or to share files with pals and acquaintances.
- File hosting: a solution offered by some vendors, which permits you to share enormous files. These could be disk images, movies, audio files, archived documents, and so on. This solution is also known as file storage, and its sole designation is to share files, since it does not offer web site uploading. As soon as the files are uploaded, you will either receive an accidentally created download link for each of them, or you will be able to survey a list of all the files in a directory, but you will be unable to see .html or .php website files in your browser. Free-of-charge file hosting accounts often involve advertisements next to the download links, while a timer forces you to await a particular span of time to see them. A single file can be downloaded with restricted speed. If you own a paid file hosting plan, there are no restrictions as to how many files you can upload/download immediately, and also there is no limit as far as the download speed and the file size are concerned.
At present, with the assistance of the cPanel hosting retailers, "file hosting" is being renamed to the more modern "cloud hosting". This is an entirely wrong explanation of the real connotation of "cloud hosting". An actual cloud website hosting environment would distribute the workload between independent sets of web servers in a cluster, which are committed to attending different webspace hosting services (email, disk space, stats, DNS, databases, website hosting Control Panel, and so on.) So, the file hosting service is only a brand of a data storage hosting solution, not a cloud hosting one. It's not even near.
- Image hosting: close to file hosting; certain suppliers offer a hosting solution for pictures exclusively. This hosting type is good if you wish to share a great amount of images with pals or acquaintances since the solution is commonly free of charge. You will obtain a randomly generated link for each and every pic or album and you can subsequently share this link. As with the file storage service, .html and .php files are not compatible, so the service cannot be utilized for web sites.
- E-mail hosting: a service committed to administering your e-mails. Some corporations offer web page hosting solutions for sites, but do not offer an email service. If you would like to run a mail address with your domain name but do not want to have a website, then the email hosting service is what you require. You can set up mail address accounts and administer them, but there will be no web solution for the domains. The email hosting solution includes incoming POP/IMAP and outgoing SMTP servers.
- Video hosting: this service permits you to upload and share video clips. You can either share a link to some video file, or you can embed the video file in your web page that is hosted somewhere else. The advantage of using this approach instead of uploading the video in a web hosting account is that the video creates a specific amount of CPU load, so with a handful of video clips and a few hundred website visitors, you may have trouble with your web space hosting reserves. Embedding the video will allow you to manage as many videos as you want without worrying about system quotas.
- Website hosting: this is the solution that you need if you want to own a site. To some extent, it incorporates all of the aforesaid hosting varieties since, along with your sites, you can also host pics and files, you can keep databases and e-mail aliases, upload videos, and so on. At Real Biz Host, for example, you can have a look at web hosting and dedicated hosting packages that allow you to get all of the aforesaid services in one single location. There may be limits based on the sort of hosting solution that you've settled on - a free hosting plan, a paid shared hosting package, a VPS or a dedicated server. Based on that, your web hosting package may be better or worse compared to the typical email/file/video/image hosting accounts that are made for particular web content exclusively.